Wednesday 18 March 2020




    Trip to Hamlin Hill



As part of our Pest Eradication learning we went to Hamlin hill on a school trip! it was a sunny day as we set off into the bush. First we had to spray clean our shoes so that we didn't infect the native trees with germs. It was quite scary as we came across a herd of sheep with big sharp horns. then we had to walk through the paddock avoiding their dung!

Frazer showed us all the traps set  around the forest to catch rodents such as: rats, mice, stoats, weasels, possums, ferrets, wild cats and hedgehogs.  with out these traps all of our native species would be in great danger. we need to keep our pest populations down! It was very interesting, we even spotted a fantail!






6 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Taylor and i'm from Kaniere School. This is so cool I wish I could go I haven't gone to a wild walk path in a long time. Did you make these traps?.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi my name is michael, i like seeing photos of yous learning about possums. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Eve, This is looks like yous had so much fun i wish i could have got to come along with you guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like the way you guys are exploring to find new things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Jed and my school is Kaniere Schoool. That looks fun. Where did your school go?.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we love your class room 5 and we love to see more and miss langton we want to see it by leeanne

    ReplyDelete